Monday, April 22, 2013

Family



That is one of my favorite pictures from my childhood. It was taken in May, on the day of my First Communion during after party at the house of my very special aunt. “Special” is not a compliment in this instance, as, this aunt has a nickname “Aunty Shawl” (Ciocia Etola), because every time she see us, she throws herself around our necks and leaves a lot of damp, disgusting kisses on both cheeks. Twice is a minimum, sometimes it goes to five or more. Then she forgets that she has done it already and she starts the show again. You cannot hide anywhere… She will find you.
Anyway, it was a really nice day (after the scary series of caresses). The entire family was together and there were a lot of us. In the picture in the center is my eldest sister, on her lap is her daughter and I, and the smiling boy is my crazy brother (he is the one who gave Aunty Shawl her nickname). My two other sisters are missing from the picture.
The one sister who is in the picture lives in Canada. Last time I have seen her was during my wedding, almost 7 years ago. She has never seen my daughters (she hates planes), so this year she invited us to visit her. She bought tickets for my girls and we’re going! Actually we are leaving tomorow :) 

1 comment:

  1. I love "Ciocia Etola"'s nickname! :D It must have been great to see your sister after such a long time. And visit Canada, too.

    ReplyDelete